baslinux - Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 16:00:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,
I have an odd one here. My CD burner died and I had it replaced
with a (second hand) DVD burner.

Then my mouse stopped responding (in X), either in DOS or any
of the 4 Linux distros I have on this machine.

Can you try a different type of mouse, such as serial or USB instead of PS/2?

I got it running in DOS by loading the Microsoft driver instead
of cutemouse, but it does not respond to movement in X on any of the
Linux installations.

As a test, I loaded and ran a "live" cd of Knoppix, and it ran
the mouse without any complaint.

So.... the mouse is OK and connected properly.

My guess is that it has something to do with the interrupt that
may have been disturbed by the new DVD.

My PS/2 mouse (in X) uses IRQ 12. Less /proc/interrupts. My IDE controllers use IRQ 14 and 15. What IRQs do your devices use in the non-working installation of BL? How about in Knoppix?

Shareware syschk will tell you the DOS interrupts - do they differ
when you use ctmouse and Windows mouse drivers?

Does the gpm mouse work (console)? I don't have gpm on here.

Have you tried the full X, Xvesa, and framebuffer X? Maybe one of them
will work better.

Question: How do I go about re-setting the mouse in BL2 and BL3.5 ?

Regards,
Ron