baslinux - Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Mouse not working after new DVD installed
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 07:48:44 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 00:32:51 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

> Try USB mouse or keyboard if you have USB ports.

I don't have USB mouse or keyboard, and my USB ports are used for
other things.

> Did you figure out which IRQs are being used in BL and in Knoppix for
> mouse and optical drive?

Not yet.

> Did you try a different type of X?

No, and I won't be doing that. Knoppix was a "live" cd, and worked fine.
I have three different BL installations and one based on RedHat - they
have all failed to find the mouse.

It seems to me that the problem would be solved by getting those Linux
distros to re-set the existing serial mouse. My question was how to go
about that in BL.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com
-- This mail was written by a user of the Arachne Browser -
http://www.glennmcc.org/

DOS: For IQs higher than 95, 98 or 2000.