baslinux - [BL] Winbook XLi freezes in X

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Winbook XLi freezes in X
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:48:14 +0000 (UTC)

trident cyber 9397dvd

Xvesa works perfectly in Puppy Linux (X11R7, 2.6 kernel)
Tested for over 30 minutes.

Xvesa uclibc and glibc23, Xfbdev glibc, X SVGA with correct XF86Config
all freeze up in BL2. Sometimes immediately. DSL Xvesa also freezes eventually. Both kernel 2.4.31. glibc 2.3
Twice VT1 has also frozen up when I tried to backspace.

OSS sound works in the latter two, ALSA does not in Puppy.

Trackpad/touchpad work perfectly in BL2, not found by Puppy or DSL.

Any ideas other than learning X11R7 and getting a 2.6 kernel to work in BL2? How does the .ko module system work?

This Winbook has excellent sound when it works. Nice 1024 24-bit video.
I will test with Slitaz etc. Will make a nice internet radio, or a phone with CLI softphone.

Sindi Keesan