baslinux - Re: [BL] laptop CS423X sound and opl3sa2 and misc.

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] laptop CS423X sound and opl3sa2 and misc.
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:59:54 +0000 (UTC)

Looking for a VOIP laptop and these two might do it. Puppy wastes too much cpu time and memory. 400MHz Mac is known to work (but not laptop).

SJphone is available for linux precompiled, 2005. BL2 upgraded to glibc from Slackware 11 (so that it will run GTK1 Seamonkey 1.1 and Firefox 2) has all the dependencies. SJPhone works perfectly in Windows and Mac, somewhat on a pocketpc (the other party can hear me but not vice versa) and also somewhat in linux (BL2 and Puppy) - again, I don't hear anything from the other end but the phone there rings and answers (I called our old phone which is plugged into an answering machine and did not hear the announcement, but seem to have left a blank message - not sure if the other party could even hear me).

Other linux softphones

ekiga (for Gnome)
Zoiper (precompiled free version) requires GTK2.

qutecom (wengophone) for linux/mac/windows
(open source - 52MB source code). 15MB Windows binary.

SFLPhone - GNOME, KDE or CLI interface (http://www.sflphone.org)
Binaries available for recent (large) linuxes.
Only 7MB source code (including the GUI stuff).
I think this is the same as Puppy's PSIP - if I can get that
to work I will compile for BL2 CLI only. Terminology is rather
different from SJPhone.

iaxclient