baslinux - Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Need help with BL as x-terminal ...
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:21:26 +0200

I followed your doing with great interest.
Everything that extends my small computer is interesting.
I have broadband and a router.
First problem: I did not find xhost, not on my mashine or on the slack
mirror. So I used startxt.
To get my IP i made a small script on bronto.freeshell.org/myip.cgi ,
exported the IP on my SDF console to DIPLAY and typed xterm.
Nothing happend. After a while xterm said, it could not open the
display.
Now I'm shure. My router has no X :)
Is there a way to get this work in my local network?
Thanks
Werner