baslinux - Re: [BL] Problems with Links

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Problems with Links
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 14:49:21 +0100

Thank you for your help and the modules.

> My 2.4.31 kernels don't work for me in loop BL3.
Try this. Its not perfect and has some problems. But it works.

boot.bat:
loadlin k242-sfx root=/dev/ram3 rw initrd=init.gz

linuxrc:
#!/bin/sh
PATH=/bin:/sbin:/bin/busybox
mount -t proc proc /proc
mount -t msdos /dev/hdc1 /DOS
mke2fs -i8192 -m0 /dev/ram3 4096
mount -t ext2 /dev/ram3 /rd3
insmod /DOS/baslin/bl242/modules/loop.o
mount -o loop /DOS/baslin/bl242/bl.img /blx
cd /rd3
mkdir /rd3/initrd
ln -s /initrd/DOS DOS
ln -s /initrd/blx/bin bin
ln -s /initrd/blx/sbin sbin
.... (for all main dirs)
rdev /dev/ram0 /dev/ram3
umount /proc

With this trick i bootet BL with 2.4.kernel in a loop on hd, in a ramdrive and
in a loop on usb (slow).

> Please install to a hard drive partition
I crashed 2 hds with linux. That is not a problem with linux, more with
old hds. Linux in a file makes it easy to make a backup bofore you
change anything. You can easy handel that in dos. Your dosdriver for
usb, thank you for that, makes it aesy, to store it on a stick.
I know, how to make big images with diskdump.

> I see a map which is bigger than my screen (I must scroll).
> What do you expect to see?
> Which versions (of links) are you using?
I followed my syslinks and found: I am mostly using links-0.8 from deli.
I will try it with your links and the new libs and with your links.cfg
when i cleand up my hd.
The problem with some browsers (include firefox from dsl) is, that long
lines on html are spitted somewere and the rest is printed on the
next line of the screen. The next html line starts then in another line
on the screen. That makes this maps unuseable. In firefox it was shown
correct, if you select the smallest charset. It was too small to read
it then. But what can i do in textmode?
Thank you for your help.
Werner