baslinux - [BL] Problems with Links

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Problems with Links
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:24:13 +0100

Dear Baslin Fans.
I am using baslin for about one jear now, mostly in text-mode,
some times svga and, if realy nessesery, in X.
My PCs are in the range of 486 3.5MB ram up to P1 126MB ram.
I am using BL for browsing, hearing internetradio and for MUDs,
playing textgames in the net.
Some links on Keesans page seams to be broken, i can not reach David
Moberg anymore.
For the mudclient TinTin and for usb i need a 2.4 kernel. I am using
RTL8139 lancards on all my computers and cold not find a module in
Keesans 2.4.31 directory. I tried it with the 2.4.20-xfs kernel from
DSL. It needs mii.o and 8139too.o for the net, but i did not get my
serial mouse to work. Does Keesans kernel start with loadlin?
Most of the newer programms are for GLIBC225. I tried to download it,
but it was much to big for my loop. May be i got the wrong link.
Can you please tell me where to exactly download it from, or better, make
a new image with some of the aplications?
I have several versions of BL on my compters. Some MUD-clients work
on one, others in an other version. I tried ldd, but it does not work.
Somethig else i can do?
There are some maps for my favorite game on
HTTPS://www.copete.de/marcopolo/Karten/Mittelerde.html . You can see,
that some lines are not shown correctly. This is in Text and X
(800x600) . In SVGA i can see nothing, that makes sence (wrong charset?).
I am using 4 versions of links now. Perhaps someone can please build a links
with SSL that is abel to work with all grafics.
Some streaming medias can be shown with the mplayer directly, how can i
tell this to links? I tried it with configertion and clipboard, but
nothing works.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thank you for bl and all the time you spend to it.
Werner