baslinux - Re: [BL] BL without a keyboard (headless server)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL without a keyboard (headless server)
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 12:02:02 +0000 (UTC)

Message from Steven
===================
Is access via X more secure than running dropbear (ssh server)?

No, ssh is more secure.

I don't know how to run X via ssh.

Can I restrict logins to X server to only one IP number?

Can I restrict ssh type logins to only one IP number?

dbclient -j Disable local port forwarding
dbclient -k Disable remote port forwarding
dbclient -g always allow remote hosts to connect to forwarded ports
dbclient -R <listenport:remotehost:remoteport>

Is a remote host on another LAN?

dbclient -R <22:192.168.0.2:22> Would this restrict it correctly?

dbclient-uclibc would not run in BL3.4 on my laptop
couldn't open random device.
I had to make /dev/random (mknod /dev/random c 1 8) and chmod +x it.
It still tells me:
Warning: Reading the random source seems to have blocked.
If you experience problems, you probably need to find a better entropy source.
Then nothing. Ctrl-C exited.

dbclient - glibc 2.2.5 worked in BL2 on another laptop (and it works on the server to access the server).

ssh-uclibc (Steven's) works on the server to access the server, but acts like dbclient-uclibc on the client.