baslinux - Re: [BL] S3 Savage ms/ix driver needed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] S3 Savage ms/ix driver needed
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:47:14 +0000 (UTC)

Xfbdev does not work with Abiword (Steven's or the one from Amigo Linux,
which uses gtk 1.2 and glibc 2.3). Gtk-error.

The gtk-1.2 Dillo 0.86 from Amigo Linux did work so it is not simply that
gtk does not like Xfbdev as someone guessed a few years ago - Abiword does
not work with Xfbdev/gtk.. (I have not tried Firefox gtk with xfbdev
yet).

gtk-1.2 Firefox 2 (from DSL linux), Seamonkey 1.1.17, Dillo all work with Xfbdev.

Abiword is screwy. I think it is the only program that broke with the glibc update, and the only one that gives a gtk error with Xfbdev.

Puppy linux works with Xorg but uses a later glibc than 2.3.6.
Are there other small linuxes with a not-so-recent glibc and Xorg?
(DSL uses Xvesa or Xfbdev only).

I may try other small wordprocessors on here.