baslinux - [BL] piano tuner

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] piano tuner
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 17:12:21 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/piano-tuner-1.01-glibc236.tgz

Very easy and fast to compile. I will compile for glibc 2.2.5 on request.

Requires glibc (2.3.6) and ncurses (console). My ncurses refuses to work without libgpm. Find one that does not.

Includes instructions how to tune your piano half a note (or some other equal amount) low. And refreq calibration program for soundcards.

Should work for other instruments but I think this is set to equal temperament for autodetection. You can choose other frequencies to tune to.

Shows the frequency detected, deviation and bias (which I think means percentage out of tune, useful for tuning everything too low).

Used 8MB memory and 18% of 1.7GHz cpu so may need a 300MHz cpu.

Last updated 2006.

Two other linux tuning programs require QT (libQT3Support.so.4 for accordeur). They may do fancy things like filter out hum. You can try the win version before hunting down (or compiling) libQtSupport.so.4. The 3MB .7z source code packages are for Windows only (they include qt dlls).

Sindi Keesan