baslinux - [BL] Please test was Re: piano tuner

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Please test was Re: piano tuner
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:24:06 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/piano-tuner-1.01-glibc236.tgz

Replaced it with:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/piano-1.2-glibc225.tgz

Stripped both binaries. 21K package with doc.

This Toshiba laptop records extremely faintly. I used aumix to
increase recording volume (R) for mike from 0 to 100.
Tested with rec test.wav and my ear to the speakers. Worked.

The piano tuning program is still not picking up any sound even after adjusting record vol with aumix. I listened with mplayer and increased vol with *

The laptop works with several XP tuning programs, but one of these (free) says the signal is also very faint. Even adjusted to maximum input volume.

Typing 'piano' detects 60Hz background noise (62-67, actually).
(Some XP programs also detect that so this is normal).

Typing 'piano A' is supposed to select the note to tune to (the default without that is to autodetect). But it tells me 'cannot open soundcard'. The modules are loaded.

This program is ideal for tuning a piano half a note low, and avoids using XP or compiling a QT based linux tuning program. How hard is it to set up WINE for BL?

The author's email address does not work.