baslinux - Re: [BL] Please test was Re: piano tuner

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Please test was Re: piano tuner
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 07:14:04 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/piano-1.2-glibc225.tgz

This Toshiba laptop records extremely faintly. I used aumix to
increase recording volume (R) for mike from 0 to 100.
Tested with rec test.wav and my ear to the speakers. Worked.
The vol knob was turned down low.

The piano tuning program is still not picking up any sound even after
adjusting record vol with aumix. I listened with mplayer and increased
vol with *

The laptop works with several XP tuning programs, but one of these (free)
says the signal is also very faint. Even adjusted to maximum input
volume.>

DSL linux has gtkguitune, which I was unable to compile for GTK1.2 - maybe I need gtk headers installed. The latest version uses GTK2.
I think other standard DSL programs are GTK1 not 2.
There are also KDE and QT versions. But not svgalib.

DSL uses kernel 2.4.31 and glibc 2.3.2. So most programs from it should work in BL2 with glibc 2.3.6 upgrade. Firefox 2 worked. Programs that worked in my upgraded BL2 (glibc 2.3.6) worked in DSL except for:
Opera - needs some module
Seamonkey - runs but does not display (I think one of the libraries needs glibc 2.3.4)
piano - does nothing at all - something blinks on the screen

Maybe DSL gtkguitune will work in BL2 (it did in DSL).

http://pitchtune.sourceforge.net 2005 version 0.4 GTK2, but 0.3 GTK1.2. The precompiled version uses glibc 2.1. I don't see any way to tune 33% below a note without doing the actual calculations. I converted the rpm and posted at my BL site.

I found also LINGOT guitar etc. tuner. GTK. Source code only.

fmit - Free Music Instrument Tuner - Qt and ALSA 'where available' or JACK. About 500K.

tunepiano - needs SDL library and something else is missing in a script.

http://zyzstar.kosoru.com/?tuneroid
Qt KDE ALSA

http://digilander.iol.it/guituner 0.2 (related to gtkguituner?)
For GNOME

http://hounddog.sourceforge.net - OSS, KDE and Qt2.

What is needed to compile for GTK or Qt?