baslinux - Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:51:48 +0000 (UTC)

This is an actual PCMCIA card inside the machine. Havnt managed to
get it going yet. Cant even try until the phone company digs up the road
and replaces the cable.

The local coffee shops and the public library here have ethernet ports as well as wireless.

Same 14.1" XGA TFT screen - the 2MB model might do 1024x768.
Sounds like it did.

Try the Xchips tiny X server to save 2MB memory, unless you have the
maximum 96MB. You probably still need XF86Config. Just symlink X to the
other server (ln -sf Xchips X).

As I wrote to you before, Im told I need some sort of permission before I
can get this file from your site. Not so urgent now I have Opera working on
both Xvesa and the Slackware 4 svga server. I expect the restriction would
also stop me from downloading the Firefox you got from the jap site, although
I havnt tried that yet.

As I wrote most recently, I fixed the permissions, so try again.
If you use dialup I can unpackage the libc5 package first.

Hinote was a luxury model.

Its got a lovely big screen, but the way the CDROM drive or Floppy drive fits
in the side isnt exactly luxury. Doesn't seem to fit very well.

The reviews complained of poor feeling keyboard too.
The price is now at least right.
Sindi

Ian.