baslinux - Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL35 plus Opera 854 problem
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 16:37:15 -0000

Steven wrote

> > Hi, after a fair bit of wrestling with it, I got the
> > svga X server working well with BL3 on a P2 laptop.
>
> What resolution and color depth are you using?
> Are you sure, your color depth is 8 or higher?
> To be sure, you could run links2 (which fails
> when color depth is less than 8).

Its a dodgy old laptop, neither the plug in floppy drive nor CDROM drive
work properly, plus theres some chips in it that BL just about tolerates,
however the screen is superb (the reason I persevere with it) . Its got
depths of 8, 16 and 24. I will certainly be trying links2 but this Opera
thing is really bugging me. Using Opera is the reason Ive set the thing
up.

> > Qt: Locales not supported on X server.
>
> That one could just be a warning. Probably not fatal.

Ive seen it before on another machine, puzzling but not fatal.

> > Opera: Call to XQueryColors() failed.
> > Falling back to black/white display
>
> That's why I think you don't have enough colors.

Enough colors, Im pretty sure. I can cycle through 3 modes using Ctrl Alt +

Looks like the sort of message when some dependancy is playing up.

> > Has anyone even seen this before?
>
> Sindi probably has.

I was thinking she might have done.

Ian.