baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 wireless networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 wireless networking
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:31:48 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> > I recently purchased several Orinoco Gold
>
> How do you know if you have a Silver or a Gold?

It's printed on the label: Orinoco Gold

> iwconfig tells me it is in managed mode

That mode requires an access point. It cannot
connect to other wireless cards (just like two
cell phones in the same room cannot directly
connect to each other).

> and also lists ESSID and Nickname.

It also lists the encryption key and information
about the connection (bit rate, sensitivity, etc.).

> Like orinoco_cs, wvlan_cs does not support iwlist.

The following seem to work:
-------------------
iwlist eth0 freq
iwlist eth0 ap