baslinux - Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 02:37:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 5 May 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

This is not etiquette, it is to reduce the size
of the mail so mailboxes don't fill up,

I strongly agree that it is desirable to eliminate
useless guff from messages.
You do a model job of this.

I delete most of prior emails except the parts
I am responding to.

I apologize. I've looked more carefully at the
messages and see that Sindi was not the person
doing the excessive quoting. It was someone
quoting Sindi's messages. Sorry Sindi.

No problem. I am thick skinned. Maybe other people will take note of your request and not include entire messages in their responses. An archive search (which you can do from the BL3 site) lets you follow a thread backwards. I try to at least summarize the problem in my responses so people can follow an isolated posting.

Please send mine to Teixeira.

He found it and we will discuss worn out hardware and MBRs offline now.

You are welcome to put your email address in your
messages. The anonymous default is to protect
people who don't want to reveal their addresses.
Because of a problem with a prior list member.

Anyway, if people want your address, they can look
in the archives (before the anonymous setting was
turned on). You've got a hundred messages there
with your address at the top. Is that address
still active?

Yes. Only a hundred?