baslinux - Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:51:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 4 May 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I got sh_utils.
However I still get a problem from dirname
The script wants the unix command "type",
but I don't seem to have that installed?

Please send plain text without the second copy of your message in HTML, which is probably your default. You need to edit your email options or preferences. Mails with html are more than twice as long and do not communicate anything additional in most cases, they just decorate for those who can read the html.

At the Slackware 4.0 download site is a file MANIFEST.gz, which lists everything found in all the packages.

zless MANIFEST.gz lists this all in searchable form.

/ to search, and then the string you want to find, which is /type
(to avoid getting things like filetype.h).

I searched for /type and did not find anything called 'type', so this is probably not another executable. (Searching for dirname found it right away.)

It would help to post the complete error message about missing 'type'.

Sindi

Ted