baslinux - Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Java on BasLinux
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 13:40:30 -0400

I got sh_utils.
However I still get a problem from dirname
The script wants the unix command "type",
but I don't seem to have that installed?

Ted

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 2:29 AM, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
TFP wrote:

> I installed the Java jdk from slackware contrib,
> but I get
>
> <#>java hw.java
> Busybox v1.01
> Usage: dirname FILENAME
> Strips non-directory suffix from FILENAME

When you get a busybox response like that it means
the busybox binary (in this case, dirname) lacks
something which is required by the program you
are running.  BL3 uses busybox binaries to reduce
the footprint.

The solution to this problem is to replace the
busybox version of the binary (dirname) with the
full version from Slackware.

You will find dirname in sh_utils.tgz
You will find sh_utils.tgz in /slakware/a14
Put dirname in /usr/bin of BL3 (and delete
the dirname link to busybox).