baslinux - Re: [BL] LILO challenge

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] LILO challenge
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 15:52:05 +0000 (UTC)

Please go find my email address (you can search on keesan and translator, or there is a link from the BL site to Miscellaneous) and mail me offlist about hardware issues like this. We must be boring other people even though we find it interesting to compare our broken stuff.

The master boot record is small, but resides on a fixed location which can
be physically damaged.

You really should take a look at the power font.

Power supply? (Font as in fountain, which provides current?)

Maybe it's not providing power enough to the PC.

The drives which do not boot in one computer also won't boot in other computers. Other drives boot when plugged into the same IDE cable in the same computer. So they have bad track zero and I will boot from floppy disk or another hard disk.

Yes, the first one I tried for BL3 is a 270mb.
I use my "frankenstein" hd (860mb of 1.2gb) just to to give it a certain
"dignity" and to have more space available.

The one where you glued the connector back on?

We have some 30-80GB laptop drives and a 386 with 3MB RAM which will also run BL, but it is only to impress people. DOS runs faster on there.

Sindi

Teixeira