baslinux - Re: [BL] Very small console CD player for BL, was Re: BL3 + Sound Blaster

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Very small console CD player for BL, was Re: BL3 + Sound Blaster
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 00:42:50 -0300

>> It works!

>> I want to know about the possibilty of putting keystrokes in a script .

>I don't know how to do this. In console mode you can type chvt 2 but it
>won't work in X. I rarely use X.

I have not started to write scripts, but I'll tell you something in the
future.

>>> I just checked workbone with the default font and most of the characters
>>> are blanks, but with 6x13 I see upper ASCII (instead of line drawing
>>> characters that you would see in a console).

>Use this 6x13 font for Portuguese, not to fix workbone. I simply used
>workbone to test it with because it displays a bunch of upper ascii
>characters. From an rxvt, type rxvt -fn 6x13 and then you will have
>another rxvt with the new font. Does Portuguese look correct in it?
>You only need Slackware fonts if you don't like the looks of this font.

I only need these fonts because of third persons who don't know Linux and
still think "it's too dificult".
That's why I need a GUI, and also why I need a mouse and some automated
routines, with the less typing as possible.