baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3: ftpd and links
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:05:34 +0100

Sindi,
thank you very much for help and hints.

I have bl3 on a 486 with 12 Mb RAM and bl2 a pentium S with 32 Mb Ram.

On bl3 I have links-0.95 (no ssl) and Lynx (with ssl) from your site.
With Lynx I can access gmail and that is ok. On that machine I do not need to have more.
I would like, if possible, to install links-0.98 or links-0.95  (with ssl) because I find links fast and ease to use but reading the thread I see the matter is puzzling for me.
The executable for links-0.98 Steven suggested does not work (i.e. I am not able to get it work).
A version of links-0.98 with ssl could be a useful add on for bl2 and bl3......

> > The version of links 0.98 I installed needs openssl (before installation) as
> > stated on links site which I did not read carefully.
>
> Does it need dynamic openssl libraries?  What does ldd tell you?

Sorry, I installed links-0.98 on the other machine on bl2 and then I uniinstalled (pkgtool).
On this machine (32 Mb Ram, 64 Ram swap and bl2 ) I will install your links2 with ssl.

Anyway I think that your future Elinks package would be the best choice for a text browser with ssl (and java?).

Thank you very much again.
Regards,

Giuseppe