baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:37:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Steven, have you tried links2 in X in BL2 with low memory?

Not in BL2. But it definitely works in BL3 with
16mb RAM and a 32mb swap partition. Remember that
BL3 is more optimized for old PCs than BL2, so it
doesn't surprise me that links2 in BL3 works better
with low memory than it does in BL2.

They both work fine with smaller photo, and quickly.
They have problems in X with 1.5MB photo probably due to running
out of memory. Links2 may be less memory efficient than Opera.

With the 1.5MB photo xli gives error messages in BL3
X error -Bad Drawable. Pages of this. Links2 was set to use xli
because I had the old links.cfg file.

Try xli on a 1.5MB photo.

In BL3 things don't work right with links2.

I don't understand. The BL3 links2 package works
fine for me in BL3.

I was using the links.cfg for links-0.93 (95?) not links2.

links2 -g under svgalib asks me whether to save
or download image. Something is messed up - I
appear to be using non-graphical links2.

It sounds like you are still using the file extensions
for the non-graphical links (which point to xli). Go
into links2 (ESC->setup->file extensions) and remove
the line that points to xli.