baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:26:46 +0000 (UTC)

In BL3 things don't work right with links2. xli baddrawable messages for
pages, when I try to view an image with graphical links2 under X. I have
'display images' checked in links.cfg. links2 -g under svgalib asks me
whether to save or download image. Something is messed up - I appear to
be using non-graphical links2. I no longer am recommending the links2's
that I compiled for use in BL3, unless I can get image viewing to work
myself.

zgv worked - 84% of RAM. I did not check Opera in BL3 yet.

Opera works. Links2 works under X and under svgalib if I first copy over the links.cfg from BL2 (or probably if I use the config file from the BL3 links2). xli and links2 both fail on my 1.5MB image (I pasted 6 smaller ones together) but work (quickly) on a 60K image.

Oddly, my ssl but not my nossl links2 says 'waiting in queue' as it loads, and then puts 'Links bookmarks' in upper right and garbage all over the screen, but after that works correctly. This did not happen in BL2 as I recall. The queue is probably to load the 189 pages or so of garbage.
Odd little bug.

A 48MB swap file (partition) might be better than 32MB.