baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 in 16MB with viewer
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:13:25 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> xli and links2 both fail on my 1.5MB image

That is the opposite of what I found. xli displayed
my 1.6mb image (even with swap turned off) and links2
displayed it with swap on (but failed with swap off).
Keep in mind that I did this on an old laptop so my
screen was only 640x480.

BTW, xli might have failed because you used a jpeg
encoding that it didn't understand or perhaps a
resolution/color depth that it was incapable of
handling. xli was written nearly 20 years ago
so it can be overwhelmed by graphics beyond its
expectations.