baslinux - Re: [BL] running as root, starting opera as user

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] running as root, starting opera as user
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 03:15:24 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Sindi wrote:

What does -c do?

Causes su to see what follows as a command.

It still does not make Opera start from the wrapper script for me as
user.

I'm not sure why it works for me except, perhaps, that I'm using a
different Opera (9.26). Or it could be because I copied the binary located
in the unpacked opera installation folder over to /usr/bin in order to
resolve the wrapper script problem I confronted.

That must put it on the path. But my script was also on the path.

(The spelling is unprivileged.)

Oh well. Another blunder memorialized by the wonders of technology.

Funny.

James