baslinux - Re: [BL] running as root, starting opera as user

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] running as root, starting opera as user
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:18:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Sindi wrote:

> What does -c do?

Causes su to see what follows as a command.

> It still does not make Opera start from the wrapper script for me as
> user.

I'm not sure why it works for me except, perhaps, that I'm using a
different Opera (9.26). Or it could be because I copied the binary located
in the unpacked opera installation folder over to /usr/bin in order to
resolve the wrapper script problem I confronted.

> (The spelling is unprivileged.)

Oh well. Another blunder memorialized by the wonders of technology.

James