baslinux - Re: [BL] Beginning to see the light...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Beginning to see the light...
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:11:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Sincere thanks to Sindi and Karolis!

Thank also David Moberg, who compiled a slightly earlier version of lynx 2.8.6 against uclibc, thus proving it was possible. (gzip did not compile properly for uclibc with kernel 2.2, but lynx did). His version also did not work to uncompress temporary files, and Karolis was very very clever to figure out the cause and the solution. I think he used strace.

And thanks to you for testing this out in BL3 without glibc.

Czerno typing in *lynx* at the BL3 console for the 1st time!
HOORAY!!!!!

So, yes it works - the gzip version I got previously is correct, as
Sindi
guessed right. I'll try to have this msg formatted properly, despite
the AZERTY keyboard and being in a Linux console, not X, doesn't help
with the editing (is there some copy/paste buffer under the console
btw?)

Slackware gpm? (just gpm and its dependencies, not the entire package, should do it).

'screen'? There is a libc5 screen some place.

Next step 4 me should be installing this programm - lynx - to run in
the
X window mgr : again I can suck all the precious help you will be
providing here.

Start an rxvt, type lynx.
You will need to change lynx.cfg to use xli as the viewer not zgv (which you probably don't have anyway).

Czerno