baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA support -- BL3-50
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 00:28:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Simon wrote:

I installed BL3-50 on a clean FreeDOS partition
without any config/autoexefiles etc and it booted
up fine. I then ran /etc/pcmcia/start. The IBM
microdrive (512 MB) is identified and /dev/hdc
is allocated to it,

So far, so good. You are almost there.

but then the configuration process ends with 'exiting'.
I've tried to mount the drive, but no luck.

Yes, mounting is the next (and final) step. Please
tell us exactly what mounting command you tried and
what error message (if any) was generated.

Would installing pcmcia.tgz have overwritten part of the BL3.50 pcmcia setup and messed things up that way?
It might help to reinstall BL and try again (or try with the 2-floppy version first).
Sindi

how PCMCIA functionality is incorporated into kernel
2.2.26, if it is at all?

It is incorporated into the kernal via modules.
See /etc/pcmcia/start:
insmod pcmcia_core
insmod i82365
insmod ds