baslinux - [BL] Beginning to see the light...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Beginning to see the light...
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:55:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hello, List ! Czerno talking.

Installing Karolis's lynx ver 2.8.6rel4 was easy - much to my
surprise! It works as advertised in BL3, without any external
libraries; except I met the announced problem with gunzip : "Error
uncompressing...".

Hence I also downloaded the gzip-1.3.9-libc5-2.2 from Karolis's site.
My question is : in order to keep the install clean, into which dir
should I put the gzip binary ? How do I delete the obsoleted symlinks
(is that the word?) to busybox, and how do I create new symlinks to
this stand alone gszip (as maybe required) ?

I have other, unrelated, question (duh!). Do you all prefer different
questions be posted as different messages/threads, or is it OK to mix
a few problems ?

See you...

--
Czerno