baslinux - Re: [BL] antiword 0.37 and fbshot screen grabber for framebuffer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] antiword 0.37 and fbshot screen grabber for framebuffer
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 19:16:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

I have a framebuffer screen grabber fbshot
that makes a png. Cat and less don't

The vi included in busybox (1.3.2 as compiled
by karolis) displays Cyrillic properly and has
only one line of unwanted text at page bottom
showing which line you are on. Is there a way
to not show that line?

You could try cropping the png (mogrify -crop ...)
or covering the unwanted text with a blank rectangle
(mogrify -draw 'fillRectangle ... -pen white ...).

mogrify is part of ImagicMagick.

I can crop the png with pamcrop from netpbm (which I think is a lot smaller than Image Magick) but am looking for some way to avoid that.
I will already need to invert to black on white and paste two half-pages together before printing. I could write some script piping the outputs to the next program. Why won't cat or less let you display upper ASCII?