baslinux - [BL] antiword 0.37 and fbshot screen grabber for framebuffer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] antiword 0.37 and fbshot screen grabber for framebuffer
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 20:32:07 +0000 (UTC)

From Sindi
------------

I have compiled and packaged and uploaded
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/antiword037.tgz

Also, for those who have antiword 0.35, just the executable antiword037 and the plain text man page antiword.man

The package includes a cp1251.f16 font that my partner and I designed (please admire the 'd') because the kbd.tgz package does not seem to include it, and 8859-5 is not working properly with antiword (the 'e' is omitted everywhere). cp1251 works correctly.

The contents of /usr/share/doc/antiword (other than antiword.man) are not required but I made a complete package. The mapping files in /usr/share/antiword are required only if you need to deal with a non-default font (defaults are UTF-8 and 8859-1). Just antiword037 will do for most people.

This version is glibc 2.2.5. Version 0.35 is 2.1.3.

Antiword can convert to text or ps and preserves a lot of formatting. It can handle some embedded images.

Since I am not set up to print Cyrillic text, I saved it as an image which I can print with netpbm (pngtopnm, pbmtolj). I would first convert the white on black to black on white (pnminvert).

I compiled fbshot to grab (do a screenshort of) the framebuffer to a png.
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/fbshot.

I loaded the framebuffer modules for my matrox card in vt4 (if you use vesafb the framebuffer is set up at boot tim for all vts) then displayed the first page of the Macedonian file in the vt4 with pico.

This produces the same as printscreen (all the stuff from pico is also printed). I could trim it off with pamcut.

fbshot -c 4 filename.png

The resulting png can be displayed with zgv.

fbshot [options] filename
OPTIONS
-c console
specifies which console or virtual terminal to grab.

The fbshot package is 8K with man page converted to html form.

I could also have used antiword to produce a ps file printable with gs.