baslinux - Re: [BL] NTP on BL3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NTP on BL3
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:14:06 -0500

netdate is in the tcpip1.tgz package (for the sake of posterity).
However, 'netdate time.nist.gov' times out. I don't seem to be
getting any man pages - is there something I need to tweak? Looks
like they're getting installed but man (part of busybox?) doesn't find
them.

Thanks for the telnet/nc pointers BTW. I can live with the nist.pl -
but the lappy coming up in 1990 was getting annoying :)

Thanks,
Chris

On 7/2/07, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:
Message from Steven

> Using nist.pl (from Sourceforge) works.

nslookup: nist.pl: Unknown host

> Rdate and NTP (and openNTP) would not compile

I pretty sure you can get netdate from Slackware 4.0.

Telnet (to port 13) works fine to get the time,
which you can then set using the date command
(both those commands are already in BL3). To
automate this, you could write a wee script.