baslinux - Re: [BL] NTP on BL3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NTP on BL3
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:29:07 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Chris wrote:

> However, 'netdate time.nist.gov' times out.

Have you tried netdate with a different time server?

> I don't seem to be getting any man pages

Perhaps they went into a subdirectory of /usr/man/

> is there something I need to tweak?

BL3 does not read standard manpages, which are formatted
on-the-fly by groff. Adding groff to BL3 would require
several megabytes.

The manpages in BL3 (see /usr/man) have been pre-formatted
so they do not need groff.

> Looks like they're getting installed but man (part of
> busybox?) doesn't find them.

The BL3 man is just a wee script that uses zless to
display the pre-formatted man pages. If you want a
real man, you'll need to install it from Slackware.

> I can live with the nist.pl

I still can't get nist.pl here. Perhaps it's only
available to people in Europe?

> but the lappy coming up in 1990 was getting annoying :)

Have you succeeded in changing that? If not, it is easy
to insert a more recent date at system start-up.