baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 on a 166MHz laptop

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 on a 166MHz laptop
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:43:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

Should I avoid typing in any passwords

I would avoid entering unencrypted passwords.

(to access shell accounts via ssh, or webmail)?

ssh and ssl are probably OK

ssh to a shell account requires a password.
Is that password encrypted? (Ditto for dbclient).

What should I not do other than enter my password to access websites?

I believe the maximum range for an Airo 350 is
around a kilometer. The range is less if there
are any obstructions (buildings, rain, etc.).

Would the 340 be 1/3 that?

More like half.

The central broadcast unit is a few blocks from here.
Through buildings.

Buildings reduce the range a lot.

I should know more within a year. Let us know how the 350 works.
Can you measure what signal strengths are detected?