baslinux - Re: [BL] How to disable mouse cursor?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to disable mouse cursor?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:26:08 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Aaron wrote:

> Unclutter is not there and I couldn't find a
> Slackware package that had it.

It may be possible to compile it for you (if it's
not too complicated). But there's no guarantee
it will work with Xvesa.

> I am using xv

OK, I'll check the xv documentation and see if
I can figure something out.

> I found a way to change the cursor

You mean like change it to a finger? Was that
inside xv? If so, it maybe possible to use that
with a null file.

> I tried to get ImageMagik working but ran into
> dependency problems and since xv was working
> I didn't take it any further.

I suppose you tried the built-in image viewer (xli)?

> sitting on the shelf with no keyboard or mouse. There
> would be nothing to move around to re-activate the
> cursor. Perhaps whatever you did would work for me.

I assume your application runs full-screen, so no matter
where the invisible mouse cursor is, it will lie on the
application window and become visible.

I'll have a closer look at xv. It's a pretty capable
program, so it may have an option we can use.