baslinux - Re: [BL] How to disable mouse cursor?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to disable mouse cursor?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:24:51 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Aaron wrote:

> Any suggestions for disabling the mouse cursor in BL3?
> Normal methods such as unclutter don't work.

Have you actually tried unclutter with BL3?
If so, what happened?

> I am using BL on a Compaq IA-1 as a digital picture
> frame and so far it works great. The last thing I
> need to do before I can put it on the bookshelf is
> get rid of the mouse cursor.

I've just done some research on this and managed to make
some progress with the default X cursor. However, as I
understand it, the application sets the cursor image.
For example, if I null the default X cursor, it immediately
reappears as an xterm cursor when I move it into an xterm
(and disappears again when I move it out of the xterm).
So hiding the X cursor is probably not the way to go.

Some slideshow applications automatically hide the cursor
(or have this as an option). So, the question then arises:
what application are you using to display your pictures?