baslinux - Re: [BL] msmtp for BL2 - authenticating mail transport agent

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] msmtp for BL2 - authenticating mail transport agent
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:09:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
Sindi wrote:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/msmtp-1.4.10-notls-glibc225.tgz

I compiled without encryption, which is why tls is not working.

If it doesn't do encryption, what is the point?

The point is I could no longer send mail (except from a shell account or webmail) and now I can, directly from my computer, using mutt/msmtp.

I don't have OpenSSL to compile an encrypting version with.

How much larger would an encrypting version of msmtp be? Can one have a ca.pem file with just ONE entry in it (the ISP)?

Steven, could you compile an encrypting msmtp for BL3.50? I can test with and without ca.pem.