baslinux - Re: [BL] msmtp for BL2 - authenticating mail transport agent

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] msmtp for BL2 - authenticating mail transport agent
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:28:04 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/msmtp-1.4.10-glibc225.tgz

Change that to:
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/msmtp-1.4.10-notls-glibc225.tgz

I compiled without encryption, which is why tls is not working.
I would need GNU SSL or OpenSSL files to compile with encryption.

/usr/local/etc/msmtprc is:

account default
from [reply-to-address]
user [login used with the ISP you are sending via
password [for this ISP]
auth on
tls off

Change two lines in /root/Mail/.muttrc as instructed:
set sendmail="usr/local/bin/msmtp"
(rather than the script Christof wrote based on pmail)
set from=[reply-to-address]

I don't know 'if set from' is even needed if you have a config file.

I have links2 links.cfg set to use mutt.
mailto "mu %" 1
(instead of mailto "mailto %" 1)

/usr/local/bin/mu is:

mutt $1 -F ~/Mail/.muttrc (I think I added the $1)
clear

Has anyone used msmtp with Steven's 'mail' program instead of "pmail -o"?
How do you tell it to send what is in the outbox?

What is the msmtp equivalent of 'pmail -l' ? Does anyone have msmtp working from the command line?