baslinux - Re: [BL] PowerPoint

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PowerPoint
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:02:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Ron Clarke wrote:

Lee wrote:

I'd say that I am probably the closest (because I don't mess
around with printing or MIME or video or audio or PDF/PS or
Windows' files or a GUI browser...)

I would guess that that is because you don't need to use those things
for your job/career/education or amusement.

I translate for a living and people send me scanned files converted to pdf format (or sometimes WORD format) which I can either view while translating (using two computers since I translate in DOS due to the lack of non-GUI linux wordprocessors and the hopelessness of dosemu) or print with ghostscript directly or with netpbm after converting from pdf to pbm.

I research information on the internet and run into the occasional site that won't work with lynx or even links due to javascript so have to use Opera.

I would listen to internet audio instead of the radio while online but it slows down my already slow connection. I might do it anyway in the summer to generate a bit less heat.

I don't get the reference to MIME, which is a compression format.

but I _do_ have development tools that add scores of megabytes to the
size of BL.

OK, I guess I was wrong about your amusement. :)

;=)

Regards,
Ron