baslinux - Re: [BL] PowerPoint

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PowerPoint
  • Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:40:26 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:39:00 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

> It's obvious to me, based on what I have read here about the OS's
> that the vast majority of us actually rely on, that the stock
> BasicLinux, the "lean, mean" one, is both a learning tool for
> newbies to the Linux world,

That sounds like me. :)

> and a "starter kit" that gets a basic
> Linux :-\ onto older computers forming a foundation upon which a
> fully-functional, custom Linux can be built.

That's me too.

> I don't think there's anyone here who actually uses a stock
> BasicLinux for their main OS. Not even close.

I run DOS as my main OS. That's where my business runs.

> I'd say that I am probably the closest (because I don't mess
> around with printing or MIME or video or audio or PDF/PS or
> Windows' files or a GUI browser...)

I would guess that that is because you don't need to use those things
for your job/career/education or amusement.

> but I _do_ have development tools that add scores of megabytes to the
> size of BL.

OK, I guess I was wrong about your amusement. :)

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com