baslinux - Re: [BL] PowerPoint

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PowerPoint
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:44:48 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> Can BasicLinux be made to read PowerPoint (.PPS) files?

No. MagicPoint is simpler and smaller (much).
It's files are not compatible with PowerPoint.

> Or can the files be converted to a form that MagicPoint
> can read?

There is no automatic way to convert PowerPoint files to
MagicPoint. You would need to recode the presentations
by hand. MagicPoint is script-based -- you code it using
an editor (not a mouse). I suggest you have a look at
the MagicPoint script in BasicLinux. You will find it
in /usr/share/mgp. There are also various MagicPoint
scripts available on the internet.