baslinux - Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 5E

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] script to extract http://'s from a doc. 5E
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 11:36:37 +0000

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 03:05:20AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:

> >> It is a 186K .doc file with lots of garbage in it.
> >
> > I don't do windows files. I wrote the script for a linux/unix
> > file containing us-ascii characters.
> >
> > It works perfectly on them, as long as the urls are intact (no
> > spaces and on the same line).
>
> It produced a blank file except for html tags from a file containing
> nothing but two http://... lines.

For the third time: I _tested_ the script before I posted it.

I tested it _again_ after every one of your posts on the subject.

It works fine under the conditions specified.

It is _not_, as I have made perfectly clear, a script that converts
a windows ".doc" file into a conventional unix/linux file.

That is an _entirely_ different job.

_You_ are the expert on windows documents, and if anyone can convert
a ".doc" file into a unix/linux file, it is _you_.

So do it.

Then the script will work for you.

Lee

--