baslinux - Re: [BL] my pic (fwd)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] my pic (fwd)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:51:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007, Samual Acorn wrote:

the images are embedded... only 2 links (they were imbedded from a
website) are provided the other 2 images were embedded from a local
source.. gmail has an internal converter that turned them into
jpegs... (files attached... apologies for the size)

Thanks for the images, whatever the size. If they are bmp's I can make them into jpegs at sdf before downloading.

Urlview got only the two website links, which makes sense.

I am cc'ing the list (without the attachment) with this very useful information.

I made myself a gmail account. You no longer need an invitation.

You do need Opera or something larger to view the signup image (type the word in the box). I tried lynx and the audio route but it would not accept what I typed in and went in circles. Blind users can send an email for help. Links cannot access gmail (someone said gmail detects the presence of javascript but links javascript is not adequate for what gmail then feeds it) but lynx can.

doc2png works with a scanned document by just stripping off garbage at start and end of the actual image. But this was different garbage and more than one image.

A url extractor would not help with internal links so that project can be abandoned.

There are free online convertors that I should try next time. Sometimes they post the output, sometimes they mail it to you.