baslinux - Re: [BL] Running Linux 55

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Running Linux 55
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:05:43 +1030

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 15:35:42 +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

>> > Yeh. Pain in the butt that is. The standard (non-busybox) wget
>> > has options to deal with it.

>> It does?

> -k
> --convert-links
> After the download is complete, convert the links in
> the document to make them suitable for local viewing.
> This affects not only the visible hyperlinks, but any
> part of the document that links to external content,
> such as embedded images, links to style sheets, hyper
> links to non-HTML content, etc.

Well, I'll be hornswaggled! So it does. I'd forgotten that.

The trouble is that I use wget so rarely (other than in calls
from batch files) that I tend to forget some of the functions,
and the doc file is 164k long, plain text, which takes a while to
go through.

> I was referring to local docs. If they are all in the same
> directory you just open that directory in links. All the files
> are displayed in a menu that you can return to with the history
> command (Alt-F-h) or just LeftArrow.

Ah, yes. I understand that now.

> It's not as good as your solution, but it works.

And my solution wasn't anywhere near as simple as using '-k' in
wget <GGGGG>

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v