baslinux - Re: [BL] Running Linux 55

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Running Linux 55
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:17:24 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:47:39 +1030, Greg Mayman wrote:

>> 164k? Here's a handy alternative:
>> wget --help

> It doesn't work for me. The reason is that I have wget only in the DOS
> version.

> So far I am trying to learn linux, and I haven't got to the point where
> I'm willing to commit to it. And one reason for that is that I have a
> major investment in software in DOS....

Yeah, me too. That is why I still run DOS as well as various
flavours of Linux.

> But I found that my batchfile calling wget already had that option when
> I downloaded the heap of files, but I still had to write a utility to
> change the links after the download.

Did you perhaps do that download in several sessions instead of in
one big step ? If so, then wget will not re-make ALL the links to
relative links. It needs an un-interrupted download for it to complete
the process.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke