baslinux - Re: [BL] Running Linux 55

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Running Linux 55
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:47:39 +1030

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:25:26 +0100, Olle Tannebo wrote:

> Greg Mayman skrev:
>> The trouble is that I use wget so rarely (other than in calls
>> from batch files) that I tend to forget some of the functions,
>> and the doc file is 164k long, plain text, which takes a while to
>> go through.

> 164k? Here's a handy alternative:
> wget --help

It doesn't work for me. The reason is that I have wget only in the DOS
version.

So far I am trying to learn linux, and I haven't got to the point where
I'm willing to commit to it. And one reason for that is that I have a
major investment in software in DOS....

But I found that my batchfile calling wget already had that option when
I downloaded the heap of files, but I still had to write a utility to
change the links after the download.

Wget didn't do it for me. Something went wrong....

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v