baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 to Glibc2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 to Glibc2
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 05:44:50 +0000 (UTC)

However, the libc5 X client programs will need to be upgraded.

Oh. That would be window manager/exterm/xpdf/xbrowser.

There is a BL2 icewm and rxvt, Opera works equally well with libc5 and glibc based libX11, and I could not get xpdf to work with libc5, only libca6 (however the text-only parts of it worked once I figured out the fonts).

ldd xinit:

libXmuu.so.1 => not found
libXext.so.6 => not found
libX11.so.6 => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40017000)

It won't see them, which is weird. Any idea why?

Will BL3 ldd recognize glibc-dependent libraries?

I have had similar problems where ls finds a library I added but ldd does not, in the proper directory.

So you have proven that the i810 is usable with BasicLinux. I will
keep that in mind in case anyone else asks about it. I am guessing
that you recommend Xi810 over the default Xvesa for this chipset? BL
isn't really targetted at this vintage of computers, but this
information should be useful nonetheless.

I will be setting up a friend's 900MHz i810 Emachine with BL3 this month. I forget, is there an i810 X server for libc5 too, or a static one? This machine has spare slots so a Trio64 card would be an easier solution than upgrading all the X libraries and rxvt and icewm.

David