baslinux - Re: [BL] Hard Copy

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone AT tpg.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hard Copy
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:23:58 +1030

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:06:26 -0500, James Miller wrote:

> There is no file on your system that has the letters wp followed by a
> period
and
> any other character, so find told you
> the file you were searching for was not present. Steven has provided the
correct
> syntax for searching for the wp
> executable. Hope this helps.

It does explain why a search for 'wp.*' couldn't find it.

If I ever need to find wp again, I will know what form to use,
but since I now know where it is located, it is not likely that I
will need to search for it.

What it does NOT explain is the correct form to make a search
that would find 'filename' which _might_ have an extension.

Since I did not know whether 'wp' had an extension or not, I
needed to cover both forms. Obviously I did it wrongly.