baslinux - Re: [BL] Hard Copy

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Hard Copy
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:48:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

There are two lines near the end of wp concerning 'device',
which appear to set 'device' to the last lp found. If there
are two lps, wp prints to the second one. Steven, was this
intended to identify whether a single lp was lp0 or lp1 and
then use it as the device?

Yes. On a some computers with a single printer port it
comes up as lp1. I think it is related to the address
of the printer port.

Has anyone on this list used BL on a computer with lp1 and no lp0?

Yes, me. That's why I wrote the wp routine that way.

Can the wp routine be rewritten to identify the FIRST rather than the LAST printer port? At least two of us have had trouble with 'wp' because we had two printer ports and plugged into the first one.

Cheers,
STeven