baslinux - Re: [BL] ethernet cards

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ethernet cards
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 04:27:07 +0000 (UTC)

Pity ! I am still trying to find out what module(s) I can use to
get either BL3 or BL2 to fire up the unknown ethernet on the motherboard
of my new machine. It is a Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 with a nForce4-4X chipset.
Newer distros (SW 10, Knoppix 5, Suse 10, Ubuntu) all take it in their
stride, but neither BL3 or DOS can even spot the bloody thing !

Regards,
Ron

I gave up on a recent onboard ethernet chip and put in a PCI card.

A Polish forum suggests that you have a CICADA8210 Gigabit LAN by nforce which requires module forcedeth. Not available in kernel 2.2 source code. I found something about a backport/patch for 2.4.24 and it should work in kernel 2.4.26.

If you don't mind switching to my kernel 2.4.31 I could try to compile it for you. If you have a SW 10 CD you could compile your own kernel and modules.